Vaping CBD oil allows you to enjoy CBD discreetly even in public. It is a simple and easy way to consume CBD, and one of the most popular forms of CBD consumption. All you need is a tank or vape pen, and a CBD vape oil, and you are all set. If you are ready to get started with CBD vaping, you would need to know just how to go about it. This is what we would be covering in this article.
Knowing Your Equipment
There are two needs you need to successfully vape CBD, one of them is the vape device itself. To start with, all vape devices have these four basic components:
- A battery
- A heating element or atomizer
- A mouthpiece
- A chamber for holding the CBD material to be vaped
They all work the same way; the heating element or atomizer vaporizes whatever CBD material you load into it. The vapor is what you then inhale via the mouthpiece.
In terms of CBD vaping, there are two styles of vape devices:
The Tank-Style Vape Device
These contain a battery and a small disposable cartridge or a refillable container. For this, you use CBD vape juice which is a mixture of vegetable glycerin (VG), propylene glycol (PG), flavorings, and CBD. This type of vape device is complex but they offer freedom to customize every aspect of the vaping hardware.
The Pen-Style Vape Device
These are the simpler versions, making it easy for anyone to vape CBD concentrates. The device is made up of a chamber with a metal heating coil that vaporizes concentrated CBD isolate that is in contact with the coils.
Choosing Between Full-Spectrum CBD, Broad-Spectrum CBD, and CBD Isolate
Full-spectrum CBD contains the entirety of cannabinoids, terpenes, as well as other compounds found in the cannabis plant. This means it not only contains CBD, but it also contains THC, although in low concentrations (less than 0.3%). This is the most effective form of delivering the famed ‘entourage effect’.
Broad-spectrum CBD contains just the same as full-spectrum, but without THC. As a result, it still delivers the entourage effect to an extent.
CBD Isolate contains pure CBD. There is no added cannabinoid whatsoever. In this case, there is no entourage effect, but it still delivers the health and wellness benefits of CBD.
Are There Side Effects Of Vaping CBD Oil?
CBD itself is considered generally safe. However, some studies revealed that some side effects are associated with CBD, and the side effects were usually found among people who are generally new to CBD. the side effects tend to subside with regular use. Some of the observed side effects include:
- Hunger, and
- Red eyes
Is There Any Alternative To Vaping CBD?
Although vaping CBD is incredibly popular, there are still alternative methods for consuming CBD, and each of them has its unique traits.
- Dabbing or smoking hemp flowers is a good choice if you need quick relief. You can find both pre-rolled hemp cigarettes and joints. You can also find loose hemp buds that you can smoke in a pipe. As for dabbing, firstly, a quartz dish is attached to the stem of a glass water pipe. The dish is heated with a heating coil or blow torch in order to vaporize the CBD isolate on it, allowing you to inhale the vapor.
- You can simply ingest CBD in the form of edibles and capsules, especially if you do not mind waiting.
- CBD tinctures are also ingested, but the method of taking them makes them relatively fast-acting. Most tinctures even come with added flavors so you do not have to deal with the pure taste of CBD.
- You can also consume CBD in the form of inhalers. If you know asthma inhalers, then you pretty much have this covered because it is almost identical. It also delivers immediate results making CBD inhalers an appealing option.
- You can also massage CBD in the form of a topical. CBD topicals come in the form of creams, balms, and salves, and they are ideal for localized treatment.